Thursday, June 30, 2011

Connectedness

One can debate the merits of communication in the digital age until the cows, real or virtual, come home but one thing is for certain: we have more ways to stay in touch than we ever have. Some see this as a weakening of traditional social bonds, but I see it differently. I see it as a good thing that I can communicate, in whatever way, with more people than I could possibly see in person. And I don't feel like it weakens any of the social bonds I have with anyone. In fact, it feels like the opposite. Communicating online makes in person meetings more meaningful; and if I'm not able for whatever reason to see someone in person, then I'm better off having the virtual communication than none at all.

So consider me a big fan of communication in the digital age. Send me an email, shoot me a text, post a comment on my blog (you're lookin' at it!) or my Facebook wall (it's wide open now), call me or follow me on Google Latitude. It's all good.

And may the weight of our connection grow stronger over time. Keep it real, but most importantly, just keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment