Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Ride 2010

Thanksgiving morning, before most people on the west coast will have risen out of bed, my friend David and I are heading out on a 6-day motorcycle ride to Joshua Tree National Park. The weather report is for mostly sunny skies but cold temperatures. We hope to do a fair amount of offroad exploring but if the recent rains have left the trails in bad shape then we'll adjust our route to include more slab. Here's a map of the route we've planned out:


You can click on the map to go to Google Maps for an interactive version. I will post reports of our progress if possible, followed by a more detailed write-up with photos when I return.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this. May you have a lot to be thankful for now and in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Have a good one pal! I'm right behind you ( in my thoughts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your roads and skies be clear, your dirt, dry and have nothing but an AWESOME adventure, FTW!

    Be safe out there; can't wait to hear all about it "Moto Man"!

    ;-D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was in Joshua Tree over Thanksgiving as well. Might have crossed paths without even knowing it.

    ReplyDelete